Lemon essential oil is one of the best essential oils to use when starting out with essential oils. Its so versatile and smells so refreshing. Did you know that it takes 75 lemons to make one 15-ml bottle of Lemon essential oil? Essential oils are super concentrated which makes the effect of the oils powerful. The rinds of the lemons are cold-pressed, producing essential oils without any additives. Click HERE to enjoy an article that will explain the research Gary Young (Young Living’s Founder) put into deriving the purest oils for us to enjoy.
Uses for Lemon EO:
- Lemon oil can eliminate odors and infuse your whole home with its fresh clean scent.
- Lemon oil benefits skin and hair as much as its aroma benefits your environment.
- Add a drop to their evening moisturizer to reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Add it to your conditioner that smoothes and shines the look of your hair.
- Boost your home cleaning! Add a few drops to naturally derived floor, window, and surface cleaning solutions. Do not use Lemon oil on granite or stone, as it may etch the surface.
- Use it to help remove adhesives.
How to Use?
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of carrier oil and apply to desired area as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
Lemon Vitality is one of the showcased oils you will receive when you purchase a Premium Starter Kit. I actually use 1-2 bottles of this oil per month! Thankfully, its quite inexpensive!
Uses for Lemon Vitality:
- Add to enhance flavor to many foods such as: fish and chicken or sweet foods like pastries and cakes.
- Instead of zesting or juicing, use Lemon Vitality. Always begin with 1-2 drops.
- Add to a tall glass of cold water or refreshing tea.
- Add 1–2 drops to a vegetarian gel capsule and take daily or as needed.
- Mix up favorite vinaigrettes or marinades.
- Add to homemade preserves in substitution to lemon juice.
- Add 1 drop in plain or vanilla yogurt. Top with fresh berries.
This is the absolute BEST window cleaner recipe EVER! I am a do-it-yourself kinda gal that loves and needs clean spaces. Store-bought window cleaners have never done the trick for me. The streaks and greasy little hand prints won’t come off!! Who else? This is the only cleaner that will not streak. And if it does streak, you can add one more spritz and wipe away. And ever better…my boys can clean the windows and get them clean! Yes, its true! This cleaner is non-toxic and safe for children to help with daily chores.
Enjoys this recipe!
3 cups of water
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 capful Thieves Household Cleaner
5 drops Lemon essential oil
Mix all the ingredients into a glass or stainless bowl. Pour into a glass spray bottle and begin using! Visit this link for more information about Thieves Home Cleaning.
What’s your favorite use for lemon essential oil?